Each fall, St. George's gathers for a time of rest, relaxation, and community-building at the beautiful Well Spring Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. The 2018 retreat will be held from Friday, November 9, through Sunday, November 11. The retreat is dedicated to enriching our communal bonds as we enjoy times of worship, recreation, social activities, fellowship, and great food! We'll have plenty of free time to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Texas Hill Country. The Ranch offers a tranquil atmosphere with incredible views of the surrounding hill country, comfortable accommodations, a lovely chapel on the highest point, and a gorgeous and inspiring Umlauf sculpture of Jesus. It also provides easy access to view a remarkable geological phenomenon called the Narrows, created by the Blanco River rushing through a narrow limestone canyon.
The cost of the retreat includes accommodations, all Saturday meals, and Sunday breakfast and lunch (meals are not provided on Friday, so please plan to eat before you arrive or bring your own dinner.)
Friday to Sunday: $45/adult
$25/child age 3-18 (free for children 2 and under)
$125 maximum per family
Saturday only: $25/adult
Scholarships are available; please don't let cost keep you from coming! Contact Kevin Schubert at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All payments must be received by Friday, November 2nd.
- Pay by check: Make checks out to “St. George’s Episcopal Church” with “Parish Retreat” in the memo line. Place your check in the offering plate during a Sunday service, or mail it to: St. George’s Episcopal Church, ATTN: Parish Retreat, 4301 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78722.
- Pay online: Enter the amount of your payment in the “Parish Retreat” section, and complete the giving form. PLEASE NOTE: Paying online does NOT register you for the retreat; you must REGISTER separately.
Motel-style rooms (preference given to families with children) and dormitory-style rooms. (There are no single occupancy rooms.) All participants are asked to bring their own bedding.
DIRECTIONS TO WELL SPRING RETREAT CENTER:
- Take 290 West to Hwy 281.
- Take 281 South towards San Antonio.
- After you drive through Blanco, turn left on RR 32 toward San Marcos.
- Turn left onto Narrows Road.
- Continue on Narrows Road over a cattle grade. You will see a sign pointing towards Well Spring.
- Turn right at the sign over the low water crossing.
- Continue until you come to the first road on your right. Turn right.
- You will eventually drive directly onto the grounds of the retreat center.