Put simply, life is a God-given opportunity to become who we are, to affirm our
own true spiritual nature, claim our truth, appropriate and integrate the reality
of our being, but most of all, to say "Yes" to the One who calls us the Beloved.
~ Henri J. M. Nouwen
contributing to st. George's
If you have made a pledge (see below), you can pay it online, or by check or cash. If you have not made a pledge but would like to contribute towards a particular ministry or the overall work of St. George's, you may also do so online or by cash or check. Donations may be made as pledge payments, for Hurricane Relief, for particular ministries, or as parish retreat payments, among other options.
- To give online, click the DONATE button to go to St. George's online giving page, indicate the amount of your gift in the appropriate section, and complete the giving form. Payment may be made via credit card or withdrawal from your bank account.
- To give by cash or check, please make sure that your check notes in the memo line what it is for, or that the cash is in an appropriately labeled envelope. Gifts may be placed in the alms basin on Sunday mornings, or mailed or hand-delivered to the church office at 4301 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78722.
making a financial pledge
The Christian understanding is that all that we have is a gift from God, and that we are called to return a portion of all that we have and are – our time, talent and treasure – to God. Pledging is the practice of engaging in intentional, planned giving to the church in order to support all its ministries. Jesus teaches us that "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21).
- First and foremost, pray about your pledge. Offer your gratitude to God for all your blessings and offer to God your uncertainties as well.
- There is no pledge amount too small or too large. This might be a year you want to stretch a bit. If so, pledge more than last year. If this is a year to pull back, it's OK to pledge less.
- Some people pledge based on a proportion of their income. This can be a helpful place to start whether you are new to pledging or have pledged for years. Some people work toward giving a biblical tithe (10%) of their income.
You are invited to pledge a portion of your income toward God's work at St. George's by completing a pledge card at the church, or by completing the online pledge form below.
During the 2017 Stewardship Season, the Sunday bulletins included different cards each week, each one addressing a different way we as individuals and as a community can live more fully with a spirit of generosity. The cards may be downloaded below.
- 10/1/17 - Generosity from Gratitude = Stewardship
- 10/8/17 - Praying for a Generous Heart
- 10/15/17 - Generosity as the Vehicle from Scarcity to Abundance
- 10/22/17 - Generosity as an Act of Faith and Love
- 10/29/17 - Good Stewardship IS Persistent Generosity
contributing your time and talents
St. George's offers many opportunities to fulfill our call to reveal Christ's love, justice, and grace to the world. Through the ministries of our parish, we show our gratitude for God's love and mercy toward us. Check out the other pages on this website for ongoing ministries in the parish that may be of interest to you. We invite and encourage you to read through the other pages of our website in this GET INVOLVED section and consider getting involved in one or more lay ministries at St. George's.
It is right, and a good and joyful thing, always and everywhere
to give thanks to you, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
~ The Great Thanksgiving, Holy Eucharist Rite II